I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, July 25, 2009

WHEW!! It's been too busy!!

I think I'm getting too old for Vacation Bible School. I helped in the craft station for four nights in a row. I wimped out on them on the fifth night. =) (And then she rested.)

While VBS was going on there was also an online Crop going on at www.cardmakermagazine.com. I was too busy and too exhausted to take part in it as much as I wanted, but I managed to get a few challenges done. Here they are -
















As you might guess, the Crop had a Christmas in July theme. This challenge was for card cand. I used my wonderful, lovable Nestabilities with these. (If you don't have any "Nesties", then you definitely need to get some!)

Another challenge was for Tags. I love this stamp set. It's from The Angel Company (TAC). It's in a "card" format with the 'TO:' and 'FROM:' on the inside.
Naturally, there was a "Trim the Tree" category. Here are my efforts for that challenge.
This was created from a kit that Stampin Up' had out last Christmas in conjunction with Country Living magazine. I added some "snow" around the edges (the name and brand escape me at the moment) and some Diamond Dust.









The next ornament was created from a recycled Christmas card. It can also be used for a small gift or candy.



















I have a couple of more challenges that I completed but I think I'll add those at another time. Maybe this is enough to satisfy my "followers" for now. =)

QUOTE FOR THE DAY:
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.
Peanuts ~Sally Brown

5 comments:

  1. Satisfied blogger here! ( for now ) lol
    Wow that's a whole lot of pretty you've posted. I agree about the Nestabilities . I only have a couple. But I'm loving them . And have a gazillion more on my wish list. You've made lovely card candy with them. I especially love the candy canes. and the tag is super sweet.
    That snowflake is stunning! I'll bet it glitters like crazy. The color is perfect. I love it. and the ornament you crafted with the recycled card . . It's gorgeous. what a brilliant idea.
    everything you just posted is wonderful. I'm feeling inspired. Just as soon as I get done with Halloween in August. I'm hoping to get Christmas cards started.
    Hopefully you're feeling rested by now. And ready to tackle whatever's on your agenda for today!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaye,

    You made some pretty gorgeous stuff for the Cardswap crop. Sorry I missed all the action. I love your snowflake and your reindeer AND your card candy. Heck, it's all beautiful. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gaye, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, I finally found the missing one; wordpress had sent it to my spam folder-no idea why! I think I've set it so it shouldn't do that again.
    I really like your Christmas challanges, especially the tag with the reindeer stamp, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey those are really cute. I really like the snowflake one. Glad VBS is over for 'ya.
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. your getting really good at doing your blog. great christmas stuff you have on here!

    ReplyDelete