I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Flea Market Finds



Stopped by one of my favorite flea markets the other day. It's about 40 minutes from my house. I pass by it whenever I go to Tennessee to pick up our grandson - or take him back home. I don't take the time to stop real often, but when I do I usually come home with some treasures. Let me know what you think about these goodies.

What appears to be a photo of a deer is actually a tin. It's a great size for altering. In fact it is in a "mid-alter" state right now on my craft room table. When I finish, I'll post a photo. The recipe box is a bit smaller than most I've found. I'm thinking it is the perfect size for storing some of my favorite ATCs. But it's gotta be altered first, of course. =) There's also a spiral journal...kind of a square shape, which is a little different and it has the stretchy band thingy to keep it closed. Another great future altering project. I couldn't resist the 3 pieces of silver. There is a pickle fork, a sugar spoon and what looks to be a child size fork. They are gorgeous. I will use them all on my Christmas buffet for the various dips, treats, etc. The sugar spoon will be perfect for fruit dip, don't you think?

Guess how much I paid for the 6 pieces? 1. Deer tin - 2. Recipe box - 3. Journal - 4. Silver sugar spoon - 5. Silver pickle fork - 6. Silver child size fork. Leave a comment with how much you think I paid. You have until midnight (CST), Friday, July 31st to leave your comment. On Saturday morning, August 1st, I will draw a name from all those who left a comment and send you a small bit of blog candy. Sounds like fun to me!!

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I'm not familiar with flea market pricing so this is totally random....

    $7.00 for the whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you paid $5.00 for all of it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool finds! I was going to say $4.50 too, so I'll say $4.75! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm...I'm guesiing 4 dollies and 50 cents! I love the bits of silver that you found. I was in a junk store in VA and saw a really piece of amber glass and thought of you. But that is as far as it got, the price was way too high. Something like 20 bux
    lovie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing... $3... and wow... you make me want to go "junking"... that's what my friend and I used to call it. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the things you've found! My favourite is the recipe box, I love the picture on it!
    As for the price I have no idea, if the others are close it must be a good flea market! Going by prices in England I was going to guess $15 but I guess it's less than that now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Some really great finds! I see you had your "altering" hat on! LOL! I think these goodies probably cost you about $7.00 total. I'm not all that current on thrift store prices (other than what I saw today) so I may be way off the mark. The main thing is, if you like them then the price was right!!

    Stay cool...

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna say $4.35 because it was the first number that popped into my head! blessings, Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. My guess is $4.60...I'd have paid way more, but I'm guessing you got real bargains or you would not be challenging us to guess. (I say this from experience with DH...if I get a REALLY good bargain I say "How much would you have paid for...?" And then he invariably guesses some ridiculously small amount to annoy me. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh! I have no clue . . .I wanted to guess $8.25 But I'm with June. You must have gotten a deal since you're asking us to guess. So I'm going to be silly and guess .70 cents : )

    that was fun Gaye!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo...puts me in the mood to go flea marketing...it's been awhile..Uh...I was going to say $11.00 but I think maybe that's too much...uh....sooo...I think I will say $9....and thats probably too much too...Now..I can't wait to see what you do with the items you want to alter...

    Hugs and Blessings,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the 4 something price range but becasue there are so many guesses for that already I'll say $5.15.

    lots of fun, mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. I meant that was lots of fun, mom. Robin

    ReplyDelete