I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Vintage Themed Button Fairy

As usual, I created this for a swap at Swap Bot. My partner that I was to send to enjoys collecting and "re-deuxing" vintage linens. And so do I, so I was inspired to create this button fairy using a vintage embroidered dresser scarf for the wings. I found the face for the fairy in a very old magazine. Some of the buttons are vintage, but not all of them. My partner has not received the fairy yet, but I think she will be pleased. I know it was hard to part with her.



For some inspiring card making "eye candy", check out this blog by my talented, sweet paper crafting buddy (and Stampin' Up rep) - http://rubberstampinzone.wordpress.com/

TODAY'S QUOTE:
I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? ~John Lennon

1 comment:

  1. Gaye,
    Your button fairy is fairylicious. : ) I love the wings and buttons. You did a terrific job selecting her face. It's perfect for the vintage theme. The fabric on the wings is so pretty. It all fits together so perfectly.
    The receiver is going to be thrilled!
    Thanks so much for posting about my blog candy and the extra sweet compliment! you're the best!

    ReplyDelete