I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Pioneer Woman and Me

The only thing the Pioneer Woman and I have remotely in common is the fact that we were both in St. Louis the evening of Tuesday, Nov. 17.



I apologize for the quality of my photos.

By the way, if you are not familiar with who Pioneer Woman is, go here:
www.thepioneerwoman.com

I was at her book signing which was held at the Christ Church Cathedral. It was a lot of fun. I had a "nearly" front row seat. She did a question and answer session in which different members of the audience stood at the mic and asked a question.

Her yummy husband, Marlboro Man, and her two sons, Bryce and Todd, were there also. The boys were typical boys and were all over the place. At one point, when Ree realized the audience was laughing at something behind her, she called out, "Uh, Honeeeeyy!". The boys were behind her on the dias cutting up. Even Bryce, the oldest of the two boys, went through the line of us waiting to have our cookbooks autographed, and signed our books. Marlboro Man was more than willing to sign also. They are very nice, down to earth folks and were just so kind and fun and comfortable to be around.



This was my first book signing and I was prepared for a long ordeal of standing in line. But it was nothing like that. I was seated by a young mom with her two daughters. They were adorable and very well behaved.


In the photo at the right Todd is "assisting" his dad in handing out the free Pioneer Woman T-shirts that were given to everyone.



You will find much better photos of the different book signing events at Pioneer Woman's blog. She also has some clickable links to other bloggers who attended the event.

I am so glad that I didn't back out of this trip. It was worth every minute of the 180 miles drive (which dear hubby did!)and worth getting there 2 1/2 hours early to be sure I got a good seat.

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful! This sounds amazing! Yeay for you! And I signed up to follow you blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun trip Gaye! Maybe next time you're in St. Louis we can meet up! That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun, wasn't it? They all are just as nice as they can be! Well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm thrilled that you were able to meet her (and MM & the boys!) Blurry picture & all, it's a lovely photo of the two of you. I didn't realize that they give away T-shirts. Very cool. Kudos to your hubby for driving all that way. Wow. :o) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaye I am so happy you got to go. I wanted to so bad, either there or KC is about the same distance for me. Sounds like she was even better than we thought. Good for your DH.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaye, Sounds like you had a terrific time. Love seeing your picture even if blurry. I'll be checking out the link you've provided ( thank you ) I'm glad it turned out so well for you and that's a great DH you have !! He got you there and early. bonus points for him eh'?!!!
    Thanks for shring all the photo's. Now I'm off to check the link as I'm quite curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you got to go to this (thank you DH~~what a gem)...sounds like her little boys are real characters. Wonderful about the T-Shirt, I'd love to see a picture of what it looks like ! Sounds like a great trip. Woot! Woot! I'm going to sign up to follow your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I had known about this---I would have driven up there as well. I am glad that you had a great day and it was great of DH to drive you up. Let me know next time when something like this is coming up. I plan on checking out her site, Thanks for including it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmm...if I knew who you were, it would make it a lot easier to let you know when something this fun is coming up. I've gotta assume it's someone that I know and that lives in my neck of the woods. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It's so cool you got to meet PW, MM and the boys. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I disagree! I think you have something else in common! Two fun-loving good lookin' gals who REALLY REALLY like cowboys!
    Lovey

    ReplyDelete