I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Green" Christmas Cards

Green as in "recycled", that is. These were created for a swap at Swap Bot. We were to create handmade Christmas cards for our partner utilizing parts of old Christmas cards. Here's what I came up with.

This was very simple. I just trimmed the front of an old card with shaped scissors, did a little inking, added Stickles to some of the berries.

For this one I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the backgroud, then punched snowflakes from an old card and added them to the embossed backgroung along with some "bling".

Another Cuttlebug embossed background. The tree was cut from an old card. I added a very pretty TAC stamped image that says "Tis the Season", and the ribbon.

Basically a full card front that I trimmed around and added to another Cuttlebug embossed background. The background is the "script" background.

I trimmed the wreath from an oold card and used silver paper for the background. Non-traditional colors, but pretty in my opinion.

QUOTE FOR THE DAY: Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! ~Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!

11 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty! I see you can really get alot of use out of the cuttlebug. I would luv one. I've "thought" about making some Christmas cards, but that's as far as I got! LOL Hey, it's not that far away. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great cards gaye! Love the "green" theme, wonderful use for all the old Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did a fabulous recycle job!! beautiful cards. And the snowflake cuttlebug card... Is fantastic. I love how you punched out some of the snowflakes and added them. It's a terrific look.And that wreath, From an old card. It looks gorgeous and new again. very elegant greeting card. Love the Dr. Seuss quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to get one! You surprised me- 3 posts in one month! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love recycling old cards!!! you did a great job.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog.
    You have such beautiful creations on display. Love them all!
    ~Vicky/Lavenderblue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gaye,
    Very nice blog.
    I love your cards.
    Dawn
    dmh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I in the wrong place? I didnt see anything about the ISC Blog Hop. HOwever I really enjoyed veiwing your cards, particularly the card where you used parts from another card,, very pretty!
    HUgs,
    Darleen Maahs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the going green cards! Think I will have to try it, I knew I saved all those Christmas cards for a reason!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. great christmas cards, i love that tree you used on the red card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gaye,
    I'm back looking for more posts... where oh where have you gone to?

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete