I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, October 5, 2009

Here's the Skinny

A "Skinny Book", that is. In the paper craft/art world a "skinny" is a 3" x 5" piece of art work done on heavy cardstock - or just plain ol' scrap cardboard. A "skinny book" would be a few of these skinny pages compiled into a book and bound in any way which strikes the creator's fancy. This is skinny book that I created for a swap on Swap Bot. The theme was "purple". My swap partner left me a '5' rating with a heart. That's the best you can get. =) Creating the purple skinny book was challenging, but enjoyable. Hope you enjoy looking.





























TODAY'S DEFINITION:
skinny - confidential information about a topic or person; "he wanted the inside skinny on the new partner" - or a 3" x 5" piece of artwork created on heavy cardstock or scrap cardboard.

TODAY'S QUOTE: "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Thomas Haynes Bayly

6 comments:

  1. what a great little book, you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaye,
    Your skinny boof is fabulous, beautiful and quite a work of art. No surprise that you got the highest rating and with a heart. The colors are pretty. I love the quote. And I think all your elements work perfectly. I especially love the beads. The fiber too . . oh and that silver wire mesh stuff. Great element. You sure made a beauty of a skinny book! Love it : )
    And it's AWESOME to see you back on line blogging.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean book not boof : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Gaye..I'm happy that you are keeping your blog...and I love, love your skinny book...what a great job!

    Hugs
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto the above comments! Wow Gaye ~ that is so cool. You're always coming up with neat stuff. Did you get one in return? It looks like alot of work went into that. Truly a work of art. I'm happy to see you blogging again too! :o) Keeps you out of trouble! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that is really cute! Wish I could get back in the paper crafting mood.
    lovie

    ReplyDelete