I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A 12 INCH SQUARE

When you see the words, "a 12 inch square" what do you think about??? More than likely you think of scrapbook paper. Or maybe a scrapbook layout. Well, a lot of times when I look at my work table, I think, "Umph!! I'm down to a 12 inch square of workspace - better get to cleaning!" Just have a look-see for yourself.





I don't feel the least bit ashamed of showing you my 12" space, because I know that the majority of all you paper crafters out there do the same thing. I know - you've told me you do. I think it's a common trait of paper crafters. Now and then I do come across a fellow paper crafter who says she's a "neat freak" and puts her supplies away as she uses them - or after one project is completed anyway. That's not me. Don't do that. Don't want to do that. Sure I appreciate a cleaned up work area but not enough to put everything away as I go. Oh, it's really nice to walk into my craft room and see a nice, neat work table just waiting to be filled with the detritus of a creative mind and hands, but that's only going to happen once every few weeks. =)

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing."
Salvador Dali
DEFINITION OF THE DAY:
de·tri·tus
n. pl. detritus
1. Loose fragments or grains that have been worn away from rock.
2.
a. Disintegrated or eroded matter: the detritus of past civilizations.
b. Accumulated material; debris:

2 comments:

  1. Gaye, the card for your BIL is wonderful! I'm sure he will get a big kick out of it. How cool you got that wonderful stamp for FREE from Karen!

    Of course, you know my workspace looks a lot like yours...we've groaned about it often enough...not often enough to change our crafty ways though!! LOL!

    I'm glad to know if you are going to throw around "big words" that you are nice enough to give a definition for those, like me, who didn't know that word! I learned a new word today! And they say you can't teach an old dog a new trick...

    Keep up the good work, kid!

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the quote and I as well did not know your word of the day. thanks a bunch for the lesson. My space is not quite like yours but it has been. many a times : )

    I'm sure you know where every single thing is.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete